GPIW operates based on a diverse community of followers, volunteers and contributors. We invite you to join us in a number of ways:
- Make a financial donation to support GPIW's work. Nominal contributions from individuals over the years has helped GPIW considerably with general operating costs. We thank you!
The Global Peace Initiative of Women is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profitorganization. All contributions are tax-deductible
- Follow us: www.facebook/globalpeaceinitiativeofwomen / Twitter: @GPIW / YouTube: GPIWomen
- Introduce yourself! Share a bit about who are and why you're drawn to this work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share www.gpiw.org with friends, colleagues, family
- Put a link to our site from your website
- Organize a discussion circle in your community. Consider these topics: spiritual ecology, compassionate economics, the divine feminine, a new narrative for the 21stCentury: Sacred Earth Community
- Write to us with your experiences or stories from a GPIW gathering/program, or one you organize
- Tell us about new books, videos, CDs, films, websites that relate to our work. Send us inspiring quotes that honor the sacred in life, the Earth and/or the human community.
- If you are skilled at writing, web development, professional organizing, or photography please let us know. As a small operating team, we welcome help with research, logistics, editing, writing, and graphic design.
We express deep appreciation to the foundations, organizations and many individuals who support the vision of this work.
GPIW accepts volunteer interns. Many interns have found it a rewarding experience. Key areas of learning: non-profit administration, program development, fundraising, social media outreach, writing and research.
- GPIW interns are usually enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school, or have recently graduated.
- Successful interns usually have a strong interest in one or more of these areas: global studies, interfaith relations, women's advancement, international development, contemplative society and spirituality, and/or environmental sustainability.
- We accept international interns; we are not, however, able to assist with the J1 Visa process. International applicants must secure a visa for entry to the USA before applying to the GPIW Intern Program.
- As we have a very small operating team and budget, we are not able to offer a work stipend or cover accommodation fees. In order to participate in the intern program, you must arrange for your own travel to the New York metro area and housing while here.
- We accept applications year-round. Intern periods last for 2 to 3 consecutive months.
We offer our interns:
- A flexible work schedule to permit job interviews and other work opportunities.
- Strong letters of recommendation and references.
- A public transportation stipend to cover the commuting expense from your residence in NYC to the office.
- Send a brief cover letter explaining what interests you about GPIW.
- Provide a resume.
- In your email, indicate the time frame you would like to intern, and whether you can guarantee your housing in NYC and travel to NYC, and visa to the USA (if applicable).
- Send to email@example.com